The winner of the competition program Sunny Bunny
On the night of 28th of October at the 46th party KIFF "Molodist'' Sunny Bunny Awards Night, which was held at the Dovzhenko Center, the winners of the competition program - "Sunny Bunny" became known.
Sunny Bunny Best Film
Taekwondo dir. Marco Berger, Martin Farina, Argentina 2016, 105’
The subtle and engaging story gives a compelling portrait of the complexities of social pressures and stereotyping. The film is a gentle account of a seduction and a character’s discovery of his reciprocated desires, with beguiling performances. The delicious uncertainty of hiding one’s true sexuality will resonate with people of many different identities.
Summertime dir. Catherine Corsini / France, Belgium 2015, 106’
An accomplished and powerful recreation of a key period in women’s liberation in Paris which captures a love story of two activists. This is very much a film made with a lesbian gaze whose refreshingly natural sex scenes and beautiful cinematography offers both a view of history and a richly personal story set between the big city and a family farm.
The winner will be revealed on Sunday (the 30th of October) at 22:10 in cinema "Kyiv".
The program is supported by the British Council in Ukraine, the International "Renaissance" Fund, the Embassy of Sweden in Ukraine and the NGO "Insight".
The following films took part in the "Sunny Bunny" program during the 46th KIFF "Molodist":
- Heartstone (2016), dir. Guðmundur Arnar Guðmundsson, Denmark, Iceland
- Rara (2016), dir. Pepa San Martín, Chile, Argentina
- Summertime (2016), dir. Catherine Corsini, France, Belgium
- Taekwondo (2016), dir. Marco Berger, Martín Farina, Argentina
- The Ornithologist (2016), dir. João Pedro Rodrigues, Portugal, France, Brazil
- The Pass (2016), dir. Ben A. Williams,United Kingdom
- Theo and Hugo (2016), dir. Olivier Ducastel, Jacques Martineau,France
- Tomcat (2016), dir. Händl Klaus, Austria
- Viva (2016), dir. Paddy Breathnach, Ireland, Cuba
- You’ll Never Be Alone (2016), dir. Alex Anwandter, Chile.
The international jury of Sunny Bunny programme:
Ester Martin Bergsmark - director (Sweden), winner of Rotterdam IFF and Sunny Bunny competition at Kyiv IFF Molodist for their film 'Something Must Break' (2014)
Brian Robinson - festival manager (UK), programmer for Europe's biggest LGBTQ film festival, BFI Flare (London)
Nataliia Ilchuk - festival manager, director (Ukraine), programme director at Kyiv International Short Film Festival.